I am really excited for this show! This could be a story about forgiveness but our heroine is out for revenge no matter the cost. The pilot was great and has me wanting more. Revenge (the g is the sign for infinity). The show opened up with a black screen and a quote in white lettering.
“Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.”- Confucius 479 BC
The pilot starts off with a themed engagement party “Fire and Ice” for Emily Thorne (VanCamp) and Daniel Grayson (Bowman). Emily doesn’t look like she is excited about the party and we see Daniel get shot and his body dragged up the beach. We see Daniel’s sister Charlotte (Allen) and her “guest” Declan Porter (Paolo) find the person dragging Daniel’s body (he ran off) and Daniel’s body. We then switch to five months earlier.
Emily is renting a house in the Hampton’s and as she walks around the house she sees a double infinity symbol carved in a wood on the deck. As she touches it she has a flashback. She has been to this house before as a child. She lived there with her loving father. Interesting. Her house is next door to Queen Victoria a.k.a Victoria Grayson (Stowe). Without going into too much detail because you need to watch it I will list the important stuff.
- Emily who is actually Amanda Clark is on a road to revenge.
- Emily uses her friendship with Ashley Davenport (Madekwe) to be introduced to those who have wronged her family.
- Through flashbacks we find out that Emily/Amanda’s father was accused of funding a terrorist act (9/11) plane crash thanks to the Grayson’s primarily.
- After being pulled away from her father at 8 years of age ( the Feds came and took him away) we see a flashback of her being released due to aging out of what looked like a detention center. A scruffy looking Nolan picks her up and says that she is co-owner, thanks to her dad’s investment in him, of his business. Nolan owns 51% and Amanda/ Emily owns 49% so now she is a trillionaire too! The sad note is that Nolan informed her of her father’s death 6 weeks prior.
- Emily ran into an old friend Jack Porter (Wechsler) who did not remember her. Jack even has a boat named after Amanda. He eventually sales it to Nolan, a young trillionaire, in order to save his father’s business.
- Everything that Emily/ Amanda does is deliberate. She causes Victoria to find out about her husband’s cheating ways. Conrad (Czemy) was cheating on Victoria with her best friend Lydia (Valletta). Victoria is called the queen because in front of everyone at a fundraiser she banishes Lydia from the Hampton’s. We then see Emily/Amanda X her face out of a picture left to her from her father.
- The picture has everyone that Emily/Amanda will be going after including the one she blames the most Victoria.
- Victoria and David (Tupper), Amanda’s dad, was in love with each other.
- Emily/Amanda pulled out a watch engraved with their names on the beach as Victoria plots to find out who she really is.
So much was given in the pilot but there are still a lot of questions. What really happened to cause the betrayl that tore apart David and Amand? Will Emily/Amanda be able to go through her plan without being caught? I can’t wait till next week!