So, I just can’t bring myself to do a post on the Glee Christmas show. I feel like I have been complaining about the show for the last few weeks and just can’t bring myself to knock one more episode. So, in that spirit I am going to just kind of look back at the Glee season so far with a few pros and cons. Your next new episode won’t come until after the Superbowl so there is plenty of time to mull over what you want to see in the second half of the season.
- Glee has done a better job this year of focusing on those background characters. It has been nice to see Brittany and Mike to become more than just window dressing with a couple moments.
- Brittany has been on fire this season with the one liners.
- Kurt’s dad has added a positive adult to this equation. He comes across as the only truly normal adult in the whole town. Without him to counteract Coach Sue and Mr. Shue I don’t know if I could have taken them this season.
- Emma and Will being apart. As much as I love John Stamos I just can’t bring myself to buy into him being the man that turns Emma around. I’m sure that Will and Emma will end up together eventually but, this just seems like an unneeded distraction.
- The music this season has just been so-so. There have been a few highlights, the Brittany episode was fun and the Rocky Horror Picture Show episode had its moments, but overall something has been lacking.
- Storylines have been lost more than ever this season, only popping up at the convienence of an episode needing somewhere to go.
So, there are just a few thoughts for you all on Glee. I am hoping that when the 2011 episodes start that we will get back to the reason that the show is there—to follow a down and out group of kids find themselves through their Glee Club. What would you all like to see change next year? Or are you perfectly happy with the way things are going.