If you don’t know the storyline for Charlie St. Cloud then you must not have been watching any tv. There has been a lot of promotion with this film. It is a story about the love between two brothers that crosses over into the afterlife. Charlie and his younger brother Sam are very close. Charlie even shares his love a sailing by having his brother help him win a local race. As Charlie prepares to leave for college he helps Sam get ready for baseball tryouts and makes a promise to always practice with his brother in the evenings before he goes to school. Nothing changes, not even after a car wreck that took both their lives and only Charlie was brought back to life. This film also holds a few twisit that should not be ruined so here are some points.
- Zac Efron is amazing! More please. I called it during the first High School Musical. This guy isn’t going anywhere haters. I hope to see more diverse movie roles from him.
- Charlie crying a lot and solo scenes with his eyes filling with tears.
- Charlie Tahan, who plays Sam is great. I want to see more from this kid.
- The storyline can get creepy when you add more paranormal activity than expected.
- I have to agree with Elizabeth: two thumbs up for Zac Efron. A very moving performance, here is hoping he gets more chances to branch out.
- Agree again: Charlie Tahan=adorable! If he had been in the movie any longer he would have stolen the whole thing.
- It is always nice to see Ray Liotta acting and he did a great job with what little time he had.
- The twist was a little lame to me, I called it early on, but some mind find it suprising so I won’t ruin it here.
We give it 3/5 sailboats!