I have seen Eclipse twice now, and my opinions from my first viewing are still holding strong: this is the best of the Twilight Saga so far. This was the true to the book that we have seen so far and was exciting and compelling and held my attention the entire time. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the first two movies, but more for their overall cheesiness than anything else. The director of Eclipse seemed to have eliminated a lot of the more annoying qualities from the first two movies. Since I clearly loved this movie, and could go on for days about why its great I’m just going to give you my top 5 favorite moments:
- Jacob! While I am an Edward fan in the books, Jacob is my pick in the movies. Boy is hot, and there is no other way to put that. He also got some of the funniest lines of the night: “I’m hotter than you” (to Edward in the tent); “I kissed Bella, then she broke her hand, punching my face. It was a total misunderstanding” (explaining to Charlie what happened).
- Kristen Stewart not panting like she is in heat. This does not mean I am a fan of her as Bella, I still think there is better out there, but I’m just glad someone finally told her to breathe through her nose.
- The wolf pack. Leah and Seth were introduced, not smoothly, but it was nice to see them. The effects were better this time, the only time that we saw horrible effects was when Seth attacked Riley, but I can live with that.
- Dakota Fanning. She is the best! Creepy and scary and controlling all at once, who would have ever guessed!
- Emmett, just cause he is hot!
Can I get a what, what! I love this movie! Who would have thought that the Twilight Saga would have come this far. I laughed, I was nervous with anticipation and I left the film ready for Breaking Dawn. That’s right me, Elizabeth, is ready for that wretched book to be made into a film.
What I loved:
- The tent scene
- The bed scene
- second proposal
- Kristen doing the best acting she has done in the whole franchise!
- Jacob and Bella’s first and second kiss.
- The wolf pack
- The Riley storyline. I felt for him in the movie unlike the book.
What I didn’t like:
- The Bree focus, although it wasn’t long.
- The effects when Seth took out Riley.
I love, love, love this movie. I can’t wait to get the DVD! Go see it now! At this point, I am Team Edward when it comes to the books and Team Jacob when it comes to the movies. So does that make me Team Switzerland?
There you have it kids, if you love the Twilight Saga you will love this movie, if you didn’t then nothing will ever change your mind. Five out of Five Eclipse Moons!